28 May 2019

May 2019



It's pollen season around here. I am highly allergic to pine pollen and yes that is what it looks like. I am miserable. Oh for a good rain!

A storm moved in this week and dumped 2" of snow on us. Talk about fulfilling a need. I can both breath and see. There was 1.5" of water in that heavy wet snow.


Isn't this beautiful? The pattern is Wingspan by Kyle Vey. The yarn is from The Blue Brick in the Ibis colorway. I'm knitting this with a yarn from The Loopy Ewe that will look more like a parakeet's wings. I started this shawl and got to row 10. A couple of stitches slipped unnoticed from the needles and I couldn't navigate the pickup. And so, it was frogged. Now there are the 79 cast on stitches on the needles. *sigh*

4 comments:

  1. Wow that is a lot of pollen. I'm glad the snow washed it away. We had tornado warnings here last night. That is a really pretty pattern. I look forward to seeing yours finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, yellow season; we've passed through by now (thankfully)and are having temperatures around here more like July than May!! There's been severe and weird weather all around us. Wingspan is LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firtunay, I don’t have allergies! I’ve given up knitting. Too many mistakes, unable to bind off properly. I just got so frustrated. Wish I had your skill! There are so many pretties to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks really amazing! It's also a great idea for a scarf for a little girl! She would have a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete