29 November 2020

Quilts of Valor

I spent the summer months sewing quilt tops.Specifically for Quilts of Valor. There are certain guidelines that need to be followed, one being size. The quilt needs to fall within a size range and all of these are between 55" wide and 80" long. My goal was to use up the panels that I had accumulated. I not only sewed up the tops but in a couple of instances pieced the backings. All six quilts were quilted on my mid-arm quilting machine.

This first quilt was made with fabric I found at a thrift store. I cut it into blocks and added borders to bring it to size. It is 60"x80"

I had two of the same panels so I wanted to make the quilts a bit different to each other. You can see that I also had quite a bit of the same light fabric with the small stars on it so I used it in both quilts. Yes, that braid is pieced and not a pre-printed fabric. These two quilts measure 56x67"


This quilt uses quite a lot of the same fabric line from Stonehenge. It measures 55x67"

Here's another one that I used up the remaining fabric from the previous quilt.

 The center of this quilt was a fabric panel and some matching fabric that was given to me. The rest was pulled from my fabric stash. Lots of plaids in this one


1 comment:

  1. Did you use the same quilting pattern on each? Great job!

    ReplyDelete