01 January 2021

Bears! As in Teddy



I have had this pattern for so many years I’ve lost count. Just looking at the price of it, you can tell it is an old pattern. It’s been used so much I made a duplicate pattern from woven interfacing. Like the picture, I’ve made fuzzy ones and smooth ones; this time it was leftover chenille from some Christmas sewing (a bathrobe for myself).


Piles of bear parts littered the top of my sewing cabinet. A combination of clips and straight pins was helpful in sewing the pieces together. 

I used a bit of gray felt for the nose and embroidered the eyes with perle cotton to make them safe for the little ones. Separating the layers and then pulling it into bits makes leftover polyester batting a useful stuffing. 


The bear in the center needs a bit more stuffing in his belly but all in all Cuteness Overload!  

2 comments:

  1. I love your teddy bears! I have my mother's fur stole and have thought about making a teddy from it. But I think that I should make a trial one first. You have (maybe) inspired me.

    ReplyDelete