21 August 2021

July and August 2021

July was hot but nice for about 2 weeks. Then the smoke arrived from all the forest fires from the western states. The western slope of Colorado also contributed. Combine that to another infestation of grasshoppers and I just stayed inside. 

I put a new zipper in a pair of leather pants for a friend. That was an interesting job. I was able to use my treadle sewing machine to sew one side of the zipper but the other side I had to stitch by hand since it couldn't go through to the outside of the pants. My biker customer was very happy with the result.

August is also hot and smokey so I have been, again, staying inside. Other that an occasional trip outside to the garden to pick vegies, I only go to the grocery store. And I go fully masked. Because.

My DIL had two older chairs that were really rough but had good bones. She bought all the supplies and I recovered them for her. It was interesting because the seat cushion and the back cushion were essentially feather pillows. These chairs are really comfortable. I don't know if I'll recover anything else, though. What a process!

 

I've started cleaning out years of accumulation. Here's one thing:

This is a formal muumuu that my daddy gave to me in the 1960s. The front has princess seams and inside are ties at the waist to tie at the lower back. That cinches up the waistline and the back of the muumuu forms a slight train. I love the fabric and I think that is why I've kept this for so long. I went back into the closet.

This time of year brings out the cook in me. So far this week I've made krautburgers/Runzas/cabbageburgers (they are know by different names), cinnamon rolls and a wilted cucumber salad.

No picture of the cinnamon rolls as they disappeared!



No comments:

Post a Comment