31 January 2023

January 2023

The final Christmas for this tree. I really like the shape and height (7') but it was all I could do to get it up the basement stairs. I told DH that we need to get a new, shorter (and therefore lighter) tree for me to get up the stairs. Thank goodness, my daughter-in-law said that she would like it. My son wasn't too happy because now they have two trees. But they have a big enough house for them!
 



I’ve been doing a lot of knitting and crocheting for donations. Mainly blankets for Project Linus. This was a nice change. The pattern is Fur Lined Reversible Cowl and it allowed me to use up some of the specialty yarn on hand. I did a provisional cast-on so I could graft the lining and outer portion together. 

 

At this month's Project Linus meeting the regional leader asked me to hem this trash bag full of  'fleece' on my serger. It turns out that the 'fleece' was actually double sided fake fur. Ugh. Fake fur sheds all over when it is cut. So I MacGyvered something similar to what wood workers use to suck up the sawdust they generate. This is a serger sewing machine with the tube from a shop vac duct taped to it. The suction from the shop vac was so good that I didn't even have to guide the cut off to it. This took care of the majority of the shedding. 


And I made pizza! I finally found a wonder yeast pizza dough recipe for the bread machine. The husband said it was the best pizza I have made!

A blogging friend in Maine mentioned that she was cold in the house, so I knitted these for her.



And another Project Linus blanket using 3 of the Lionbrand Mandela yarn cakes and the blanket stitch.



Last but not least, a hat for the homeless.


No comments:

Post a Comment