09 June 2010

Strip Twist Quilt of Valor

QOV-StripTwist

This Quilt of Valor started with a Moda Jelly Roll in red, white, and blue. The pattern, Strip Twist, is from Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville.com site and is much easier than it looks. The important thing, I found, is to be very aware of your values: light, medium, and dark.

After popping the Pajama Quilter DVD (Dawn Ramirez).into the player, I decided that "dwirling" was a good overall pattern to use on this quilt. Dwirling resembles a topographical map and complements all the straight lines of the piecing in this top.

Bound and labeled. Check and check.

Presentation case made. Check.

Washed. Check.

9 comments:

  1. Very, very cute. And such nice quilting and binding. So, did you quilt in your pajamas? Homemade socks? Your special knit slippers?? I put my lovely, Paula-made slipper socks on this morning. For some reason, they didn't feel like quilting, today. They only wanted the pajamas and coffee and lots of blog reading. Pajamas and slippers and pajama quilters....oh and blogs and Paula quilter/knitters...all good things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I have used that same pattern from Bonnie and loved the way it turned out. Also a big fan of dwirling. Love the Pajama Quilter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the design on the quilt. Ok I must admit I do not know about the Pajama Quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the fabric for a QOV so now, I need to get busy and get one made. I like this pattern and may use it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous quilt for QOV! Love the pattern and the finish, they will too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will make someone very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drat! I can't see the dwirling! But the top is great, I have some jelly rolls, maybe I can make one. How big did it finish, and was there 40 strips in your jelly roll??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Very patriotic and inspiring, makes me smile! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete