Update 2/26/08: There is a reason this is so low contrast. See that red? That red just kept on giving. I think I got it stopped, but to make sure I only used fabrics that, if the red bled again, wouldn't show it.
Last Sunday I ended up with a free day, so I sewed and sewed. I ended up with another top for QOV. I used the BQ pattern from Maple Island Quilts. It went together in 6 hours! And best of all, I did a fair bit of stash busting. Let's see, I used about 1.5 yards of the Old Glory fabric but am giving the other 5.5 yards to Alycia for more QOV quilts. 2 yards of red, 2 yards of blue (this includes the backing) and 1.5 of another dark blue and 1 yard of a medium blue. That's 13.5 yards of fabric out of the stash. Woo hoo!
The Old Glory fabric by Cranston Print Works is the big block, the dark blue has stars (not polka dots) and the red is a solid.
Turned out kinda nice, I think.