19 December 2008

Redecorating

347824016
A bit of redecorating on the ole blog has resulted in a bit of seasonal dressing.

The free backgrounds available on the Cutest Little Blog On the Block are great but I noticed on several blogs that the background margins overprinted the text. This is just a matter of adjusting the width of the blog text. I tried it out on my own blog. Here's how: change the header-wrapper width and the outer-wrapper width from 800px (that's pixels) to 775px. It drew in the text margins just enough so they are not overprinting into the side margins of the background template.

Your mileage may vary.

*Photo courtesy of Microsoft Clipart

13 comments:

  1. Alrighty then.......I read what you said to do.....hummmmmm.....I think I could actually do that....LOL...Take care and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:56 PM

    I love the new look. You did a great job and thanks for the tip on the wrap. I have often wondered how to fix that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What would we computer-challenged do without you to blaze the way (and pull us out of the ditch when we wreck)! Cute new look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is beautiful! And exactly one reason I had not done my blog makeover. Hmmm.....now I may have to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the instructions. I haven't tried any yet but I've noticed them on others' blogs -- cute but sometimes annoying in that they make things hard to read, but you take care of that nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely seasonal look!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh very pretty Paula! I love some of their backgrounds...very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the new look . . . . I'm thinking I need to do a little freshening up come the new year. I can use all the help and tips I can get.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's nice to have a quilty IT person around! Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous2:31 PM

    It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, I will try it...I am quite computer challenged but getting better! Hope you and yours have a marvelous holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice look! Thanks for the advice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the look, thanks for the link, I'm trying to get more tech savy. Ha
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete