21 September 2009
Goings On Around La Casa del Quilter
• the center quadrants of the Firewood Quilt have been removed from the design wall, pin basted AND machine quilted in a medium sized meander. Upon laundering, this meander will result in a softer quilt.
• remember the post on the Iris Quilt way back in April? Last Saturday, Quilty Friend and I were in my sewing room and since the Firewood Quilt was no longer on the design wall the whole cloth portion of the Iris Quilt went up. The leaves and stems of the center medallion were pinned on and then the whole thing was removed from the design wall and draped over the basting table. Note to self: buy more 3/4" applique pins.
• did you notice my new signature for posts? I have been having Photoshop fun!
• on the knitting front two (2!) pair of socks have been completed along with one scarf with a second scarf was recently cast on the needles. Here is a funny for you: every other Friday I attend a small group that mainly embroiders or appliques. For the past several meetings, I have been teaching one of the ladies to knit socks. She had to leave early on Friday, but after she left, the leader of the group asked me to teach her to knit socks. It seems I have started to turn this mainly quilting group into a knitting group. O! and I also was able to move 4 skeins of a Merino wool out of the stash via Ravelry. I ♥ Ravelry.
• the leaves are changing in the high country and TheKid said that he drove through a snow storm (with thunder and lightning too) on Cottonwood Pass. Over the Continental Divide. Above treeline. In the dark. I raised a crazy boy; it's a wonder I don't have more gray hair.
• I have also committed to Finn's New Year's Eve challenge over at Pieces from my scrapbag. There seems to be about 3 QOV tops that need quilting and then binding.