So I finally got around to trying the free motion quilting on the Singer 66 treadle sewing machine. I had a this little piece that was already drawn (with black pen!) and sandwiched and I thought it would be perfect for this test.
I put the plate and foot on the machine and started quilting. First off I realized that it was a bit 'sticky' and I should have put down my Supreme Slider before starting. And I should have worn quilter's gloves too, just to make it a bit easier.
It looks okay on the front (white side) but on the back side (black) you can see that there is a major tension problem on the flower. The batting bearded also. Once I removed the plate and foot I did a couple of rows of straight stitching. Beautiful. Free motion quilting on the treadle will take practice, practice, practice.
I think I'll stick to the Bernina for FMQ and use the treadle for straight line quilting.
* Just a reminder that all photos are clickable.