19 June 2012

Hurt Books


I bought some books during a Hurt Book sale. I have been wanting to read the one on top but the price was too much. Then the offer of a bundle of three books for the price of one came to me. I was all over that offer! I haven't been able to find the 'hurt' on one of the books, but the Quilting Modern book and a dent in one of the photo pages but the third one had a problem with the glue on the binding. I took that one to a office supply store and had a coil binding put on. Perfect.

6 comments:

  1. Hurt Book sale? I need to find one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received their notification in my email, too, but didn't take them up on their offer. Good for you!

    And what a great idea to take a book to the office supply store! (Personally, I think it should be the new law that books have spiral bindings, don't you?) May I ask: About how much does the service cost? I would have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a 'hurt' book offer...now,now that is interesting. So, was this from a publishing company or what? Some of my books are hurting, but most of them were second hand to begin with..so not by my hand, either ;) A bargain is a bargain and I always love them :) So, good for you! ps. this link is my shizoid personality so it won't link in email directly, only thru blog comments I make... not for writing me back. Crazy, huh? Google needs a fix for this one..cuz it's hurting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new books! I love reading, so it's a good day when a new book comes my way. And then to get them on sale too makes it all that much better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have done the same. I would love to buy more quilt books but the prices right now are too much for my little purse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought those same books. I could not find anything wrong with any of them. They are nice books but I'm glad I didn't pat full price.

    ReplyDelete