30 May 2014

Two steps forward, one step back.


My Sister's Sweater is almost finished. I almost was able to show a decent progress report but I ran into several snags. It is down to putting on the applied I-cord. I was about 2/3 of the way around the sweater, merrily picking up stitches when I realized I was not going to have enough room on my 29" circular needle. Okay. Fine. After sleeping on the problem, I realized I had another US8 needle in the 24" length that I could use to finish picking up stitches. Onward. And then it struck me: I was picking up from the wrong side of the sweater. AAARGH! Just stop Paula and chill. I went to my little group meeting with quilting handwork instead of the sweater. I just now got the picked up stitches out and the group of live stitches back onto a holder, turned the sweater to the right side and started picking up stitches again.

What's on your needles? I'm linking up to Judy's On The Needles Friday.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, I've done similar things, but didn't realize the mistake until I was nearly finished. I hope all is going well now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sure is a pretty color of blue! Hope the time out worked; when things start going south on my knitting, time out's the only way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see this done! I had to laugh, I hate it when I'm merrily knitting along and don't realize something is amiss.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete