29 May 2015

Yarn Work

There has been a lot of yarny happenings around here.

I used up the last of the acrylic yarn (I know!) by making this cute little baby hat.


My sister, who has an auto-immune disease, likes the mitts that I make and requested some summer weight ones. This first pair is a pattern called "Fetching" from Kitty.com. I used a really sweet yarn byElsebeth Lavold Bambool, which is a bamboo/wool mixture.

This pair of mitts is just a basic cable. The yarn is Rowan merino wool/cotton blend..

I started this sweater: the Cuff-to-Cuff Sweater. It's a free pattern from Red Heart yarns. I made it using Lion Brand Amazing yarn in the "Joshua Tree" colorway. The nice thing about doing a side-to-side sweater with self striping yarn it that the stripes run vertically. Vertically lines are a good thing for wider bodies. *grin* This still needs to be blocked so I can sew up the side seams . Then it will be done.

Since I have to wait to block the other sweater, I started this crocheted Cocoon Jacket. This is a pattern I cut out of Woman's Day magazine back in September 1989. The yarn has been discontinued, of course, but I substituted more of the Lion Brand Amazing yarn in the colorway "Carnival". This one has also been put into the knitting basket to await blocking and seaming. I almost ran out of yarn for this project, but I bought two skeins from Joann Fabrics online. When I realized that wasn't going to be enough, I went back and the colorway was sold out. :( I finally found another skein on Ravelry! Yay!

Those are the recent finishes and almost finishes. I have nothing on the knitting needles at the moment, but I am noodling about with a crochet hook. I am free-form crocheting a hanging basket for my DIL. Fun!

What is on your needles? I am linking up with JudyL's On The Needles Friday.

5 comments:

  1. The mitts are gorgeous! Your sister is going to love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're having way too much fun here, LOL. What a nice gesture, hand hugs for your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable baby hat! You have become a very well accomplished knitter as you lovingly supply your family and so many others with hand knits. Well done. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete