04 December 2015

Mainly On the Needles December 4, 2015


The last time I posted it was a knitted post also. I really am sewing, but it is hush hush so I can't show anything until after the items have been gifted.

What you see here are three different things. The top layer is one half of a sock in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock and the color is Icebox.

I needed a hat for a little girl out of acrylic yarn and all I had were boring browns and tans and such. After a dash to the craft store I cast on the hat. It is a nice pattern called Spiral Hat. The link is to the Ravelry page. The only problem I had was that it was for a baby and I needed a larger hat for a child. I added more stitches to the cast on and I hope it fits.

The bottom layer is a mitered square vest. It is awaiting a zipper that is on order because I could not get one in a color that would work. Oh, and of course, all the yarn tails need to be woven in.

What's on your needles?

Linking to Patchwork Times On the Needles post.


No comments:

Post a Comment