16 November 2005

A Mundane Day.

I've been steadily piecing away on Ryan's quilt. Did I tell you about this quilt? The one I trading for a bronze sculpture? Anyway it is beginning to take shape. Now my math is not great. And here I am (trying) to put pieced borders on this thing. I think I've got the coping strips figured out, but I am going to have to add a border on the left and right and not the top and bottom so that it is a good bed size quilt. Why did I say I'd do this exchange? Hmmm? Kick me if I do it again, okay?

On the knitting front, I am working on another pair of socks (surprise, surprise) out of some luscious merino wool. I'm trying the toe down/2 socks on 1 circular needle pattern again. I'll post a pic when I'm done. The nice thing about this technique is it makes the socks the same. I am terrible about making 2 different socks. I also don't make too much of an effort to make my self striping socks match. It drives a knitting friend crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment