12 February 2006

Houseplants and Dragons

129127166

I grow a lot of Christmas Cactus (Schlumbergera Bridgesii). This year I was late in getting them their 12 hours of darkness which, in turn, is making them bloom later. This variety is called "Kris Kringle" but this year could be called "Valentine" as it is blooming now!
Also, remember on January 17 I posted about a new quilt? Take a look at my payment. This small sculpture is solid bronze. I have the option to take it back and get a new patina put on it. I want to live with it a bit to see if I like the color. I am thinking a little bit more difference between the ball and the dragon would be nice. Also, I am not a big fan of the old-school type patinas (where one chemical was used throughout) like what this portrays. I would like to see a little more color like what you see on the launch and re-entry suit of this piece. What do you think?

129127171

1 comment:

  1. OK that is a good trade, I think the dragon is fierce.
    Good trade. I do so love the quilt though.
    Thanks for letting us peek at him.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete