31 March 2006

Music

I found the following on a couple of blogs that I read. I have always loved music. But it seems that over the years of my marriage my taste in music has been overridden by the CarGuy's. It wasn't done intentionally. And it wasn't done by him, it was my subconscious doing it. I realized this a couple of months ago as I was loading up my mp3 player thinking "oh, he doesn't like this song." Then it was as if a light bulb went off! Whoa! it's MY player, therefore MY music and besides, when is he ever going to listen to what you put on your player, hmmmm? What a revelation that was. The following list doesn't show the podcasts and audiobooks I subscribe to, but it does give an idea of the ecclectate assortment of genre and artists I listen to. I think this quiz might have been written by a young person because of some of the questions.

To play, you need an mp3 player with a song shuffler. It's like playing a modern version of the old "Eight Ball". Ask the question and press play. The song that comes up is the answer. Ask the next question and press the next button on your player, etc. And so, for your reading pleasure:

How does the world see me?
Smooth Operator by Sade

Will I have a happy life?
Way Out There by The Starlite Ramblers

What do my friends really think of me?
Man, I Feel Like A Woman by Shania Twain

Do people secretly lust after me?
Don't Know Why by Norah Jones

How can I make myself happy?
If I Had You by Queen Latifah

What should I do with my life?
Are You Lonesome Tonight? by Elvis Presley

Will I ever have children?
Isis by Bob Dylan
Okaaay. I don't know what this means.

What is some good advice for me?
Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown) by The Fiery Furnaces

How will I be remembered?
Leather and Lace by Stevie Nicks

What is my signature dance song?
The Lark in the Clear Air by Loreena McKennitt
If you can dance to this song, just let me know, huh?

What do I think my current theme song is?
When Push Comes To Shove by the Grateful Dead
I have noticed that I have become more assertive as I age.

What song will play at my funeral?
Your Time is Gonna Come by Led Zeppelin
I love this answer! The only thing better could have been the Rolling Stones You Can't Always Get What You Want -- which, incidently, is also loaded into my player.

What type of men do I like?
A Hazy Shade of Winter by Simon and Garfunkle
Huh?

What is my day going to be like?
O, Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison

Did you notice a trend here? Almost girly-girl?

I'll post again when I get back from the retreat. Might even have a photo or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment