25 April 2006

Yarn, yarn



I have this yarn. It's a wonderful 60% cotton/40% acrylic yarn, but I didn't know what I was doing when I purchased it. I thought it would make wonderful knitted socks. I was wrong. I started with the multicolored one and cast on, knit for about an inch and then ripped it out 3 different times. I tried a scarf, but it was like a large rectangular dishcloth. What could I make with only 100g of it? I finally decided that my yoga mat needed a cozy. This is actually crocheted. I know, I know. I said I wasn't going to pick up the hook again, but it's like this drug. I can't stop. I love to crochet! There I said it. I love to crochet! Anyway, I am currently working up the dark blue. Once again there is only 100g. As I was working on the yogamatcozy (using a size G hook, BTW) I thought that if I used a larger hook that it was possible the item would not be so stiff. So I am currently working on a triangular shawl using a K hook and double crochet. It will be a bit small, but remember that I only have 100g. And, yes, it is really soft. Once I learned to work WITH the yarn and not force it to do my bidding things are turning out alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment