23 August 2006

Snowman Collector

Yesterday I finally started quilting on a 5-year old UFO. Let me explain.

In 2001, I participated in a BOM at a local quilt shop. It was called "Snowman Collector". This link is just to the picture and pattern. The quilt shop that I went to has long ago closed it's doors. :(

Anyway, I got the top done, sandwiched and pin basted. And then it sat and aged. I did not have the quilting skills needed at that time to quilt this. I had a vision of what I wanted but neither the money to pay a long-arm quilter or the skills to do it myself. Well, after all the quilting I've been doing lately, I figured it was time. So yesterday, I laid down all the straight lines in the quilt. Now I can start the wind and snow and mittens and trees. What fun! I'll show you when I get it done.

4 comments:

  1. What a cute quilt! I'm so glad you are getting it done. And before the season also. Can hardly wait to see a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I can hardly wait to see a picture. (I have a quilt with a long armer that i want to be quilty to look like "wind.")

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! I have that pattern, but never got around to making it. I look forward to see your finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for picking up a UFO and quilting it. It looks like a great quilt. Look forward to seeing the finished product.

    ReplyDelete