29 November 2006

Free yarn for a good cause

I've had my 2 seconds on the television. I'm the lone crocheter. Currently, I've made 8 hats and 9 scarves for this project. Thanks to the anonymous commenter for pointing out the video online.
Unfortunately the video link has been removed.

The building I work in is next to the Community Kitchen. It just breaks my heart to see all these folk (especially the teens) pass by the window. This project is how I can help since I don't have a lot of money but an abundance of time and compassion.

6 comments:

  1. WHat a beautiful story and what a beautiful project. YOu deserve a great big HUG and all your little helpers too. xoxo melzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to know that there are people out there that care! and I saw the wreath story in our local paper. Talk about taking politically correct to the extreme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing a great job. I wish everyone cared like you. Roses for you and the other knitters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A willing heart can do wonderful things -- what a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew I had found a kindred spirit the first time you popped in to my blog and commented. Not only did you make me feel welcomed in the wasteland of blogging but you have a great heart, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, you're on tv! Closeup even. I think that was you anyway. It is a wonderful project, and so generous of you to give of yourself.

    ReplyDelete