I spent the major portion of the day yesterday in the sewing room. Wish I could call it a sewing studio but all my life it's been a room so I guess room it stays. But I digress. I made great progress in finishing up some UFOs. I got the counted cross stitch quilt quilted and bound and it measures all of 12x12. I also finished up a couple of fabric collages. I ended up trimming them down to 6x8" because the composition worked better at that size. I bound these: one is mitered and the other is butted. Butting the corners is a lot easier on something this size. I made a hanging sleeve for a wall hanging but it is only pinned on because I didn't have any black thread. How could I not have any black thread? It's a puzzlement.
I started knitting the Fetching Mitts with the Tahki Bunny (color #07) yarn and frogged them after 2 rounds. This yarn won't work for these. I think I'll go back to the LYS and get some Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk in the dark blue #03. The recommended needle size for the Debbie Bliss works better for the mitt pattern.
Did I mention that I had a repair job on an Irish Fisherman hand-knit sweater? The sweater is from Dingle, Ireland. The gentleman must have leaned up on something and stretched his am out (like one would do across the back of a sofa) and snagged it on something. The yarn was broken on the top of a cable. Thanks to this post from January One, I whipped out this repair in an hour. I had purchased some yarn to do this repair when all along I had some leftovers that matched perfectly!
So I basically just added to my yarn stash without intending to do so: I have 50g of a dark blue and 50g of a white both with alpaca. I suppose I could get some more in whites and lighter blues and make a ruana very much like what you see in this post. But here's the rub, a ruana is a great stash buster and I don't have that much yarn stash to make something like this. I either just hold onto the yarn and build a bigger stash (NOT!) or I make a couple of hats.
Allrighty! Hats it is!