18 May 2007

Are you ready for the weekend?


Wow! I can't believe that I haven't posted since Monday. Yikes. I really have no good reason. Hmm... let's see what have I been doing? I get up about 6:00am and piddle around until I have to be at work at 10:00am. I get off work at 4:00pm (doncha love those hours?) and run a couple of errands on the way home. After dinner, I sit on the couch and knit. Ok, there it is: I've turned into a couch potato this last week.

That is soon to end, though. Since we got the front of the property hardscaped we decided to rejuvenate the rest of the landscaping. After all, it is about 30 years old and getting overgrown and leggy and sad. Do you know what hardscape is? Its the backbone of your landscaping: concrete, walls, blocks, rock, walks, etc. Later this weekend I plan to start on an area that will be right by the front door. Currently it is dirt but when I'm done it will be pavers.

I am only going to plant the window boxes on the deck this year.

Tomorrow is my Quilty Friends meeting and I plan on working on some postcards. And digging out the paints so I can paint my needed fabric for the challenge quilt. Of course, the painting may have to wait until Sunday afternoon when it is too hot to work in front of the house. More on that later.

O, and get this. Last Monday at the monthly meeting of my small group, there was the normal Show and Tell. The comment was made that my sock knitting didn't count because it wasn't quilting, but then some counted cross-stitch was shown. That is quilting? I think there is a double standard here. I have been a bit dissatisfied with this group for a couple of months now and I am thinking of dropping out at the end of the year.

I rode my bike to work this morning and beat my time from last year. How 'bout that! I did 5 miles in 25 minutes. I'm not saying that I'm a Lance Armstrong, but hey, I think I'm doin' OK. I'm getting exercise, saving both money and the environment, and I enjoy it. I have this commuter bicycle that makes riding a bit easier. And in case you are wondering, my roundtrip ride equals 30,000 steps. Woohoo!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:57 PM

    Life is too short to hang with people that bring you down. Find some material girls that bring you up.

    Love your blog - keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If cross stitch counts then so do your socks!!!

    Good job on the biking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula - thanks for the comment you left me - wow that weed certainly takes over completely - glad I stopped with my leaves when I did - if I'd carried on at that rate you wouldn't have been able to see the plaids :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think knitting should count - why not? I had to give up my 'friendship' group last year for the same reason . . . it lost all the friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can't call yourself a couch potato when you are riding your bike so much and so fast. Me, I am the official couch potato. When I got home from work, I sat on the couch. I didn't do anything productive like knitting. I just stared at the tv, whatever was on. I might have looked at a book, but didn't really read one. I am hoping I can catch up this weekend on all the things I put off all week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job with the bike riding! Don't let the few negative comments people make upset you. No matter where you are or what you belong to, someone always has to put in those kind of two cent remarks. I'm sure the others enjoyed seeing your socks.

    ReplyDelete