I'm taking a break until the weekend.
I've also put away the knitting needles for the summer. I just don't feel inspired to knit right now. I am sewing, though. I am concurrently working on two different projects.
1) the ubiquitous challenge quilt (ha! I've always wanted to use that word in a sentence!) that I actually purchased border fabric for during lunch today. I suppose I should tell you that the majority of the focus fabric is going to end up on the back because it just isn't going to work on the front. If fact, it is almost going to be a reversible quilt. So far I've
- made 6 Lady of the Lake blocks and then un-stitched them.
- used the focus fabric from the Lady of the Lake blocks to make 1 or 2 free-form letters and then decided that the technique really isn't me.
- pulled countless fabrics to use and then thrown them on the floor in disgust.
- painted a piece of fabric to use as the background on the front that I absolutely love.
- bought a piece of batik for my borders (I should mention that I am only going to have 2.5 borders)
- found a complementary fabric in my stash to work with the focus fabric on the back (how about that!)
I'll keep you updated.