I've been on pins and needles waiting to hear if my swap partner received my 4 Season's Quilt . Now that it has arrived on Libby's doorstep, I can post about the long, strange trip it's been making it *g*.
Do you remember this post? I eventually had to trash those blocks. But before I did, I made another whole flimsy for my Spring quilt all the while thinking that it just didn't 'feel' like it wanted to belong to Libby. The basket blocks just kept whispering Libby's name to me. They were just so darn cute and I still wanted to make this quilt!
So, after I finished the applique on the other quilt I started a new basket quilt. I was fretting about the deadline because I was headed off to 8 days in Mexico. I knew I had to get it to the flimsy stage before I left. I did *whew*. When I returned I had to layer, baste, quilt, label, bind and mail. *double whew*
I learned a lot on this little quilt. Especially about directional pressing *sigh* One thing I really paid attention to, though, was the scale of the print in the fabrics. Remember now, the basket blocks themselves measure 2.75" (7cm) and I didn't want the print in the fabric to be lost. The colors are not what I would call springy but the baskets just make me think of May baskets and the nursery rhyme: "A tisket, a tasket, a green and yellow basket."
I got it in the mail with days to spare. I should not have doubted myself.