06 September 2011

Grampa's Chair

Grampa's rocking chair resides in my living room once again.

For a while, it was relegated to the sewing room awaiting a new cushion cover. Two layers of 3" foam (one of them high density) covered with a felted wool bat (we won't discuss how that felting occurred will we?) awaited a cover. Over this past weekend I drew up a pattern and made the cover. In fact, I made a cushion for the back too. I'm not sure I like that thickness of cushion to sit upon, but time will tell. I can always redo it.


Here it is before the re-do.


TaDa!

13 comments:

  1. Turned out great! Love the fabric you used, great color. I have my grandfather's chair also, a sturdy oak one, but not a rocker, alas! Neat to have those family treasures. Hugs, Finn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it will squish down just right!! Wonderful chair, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girlfriend - that looks pretty awesome to me! You talented thing you!!! It's nice to have Grandpa around if I do say so myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! You chose a wonderful fabric for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's just beautiful, looks comfy and best of all - a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely job on the chair!

    In your previous post, you mentioned putting newspaper down in your garden to keep out the cats. does that work? and why don't they like the newspaper? I have an area that recently is being used as a litter box and thought maybe the newspaper would be a deterent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's inspirational. I need to do that for a couple of chairs. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great fabric and color choice for this chair. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you've done with grandpa's rocking chair!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great Paula!! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love the new cover you made! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete