05 March 2012

Design Wall Monday, March 5, 2012

AhSpring2

Spring fever has hit Casa del Quilter in a big way. Lots of houseplant transplanting has happened over the weekend. Two spring-ish postcards have been made, addressed, stamped and mailed.

The design wall is a bit bare because work continues on the AAQI quilts that have graced the wall. Currently, there are two on the end table beside my chair awaiting hand stitching on the binding. Then the registration of said quilts and the labels and then mailing them out.

I also have been doing a bit of jewelry work. Many, many years ago I purchased a jar of white buttons at a garage sale in Wyoming and I am using jump rings to attach the buttons to a charm bracelet. It will probably be finished for next Monday's design wall.

Also on the finish up list, is a wall hanging that I've been working on for a while. Sorry, but I want to enter it into shows, so I can't post a photo until after it's first show. More on this later.

For more design wall inspiration, visit JudyL's blog Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

  1. That's really pretty. I am looking forward to spring as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm up to my eyeballs in snow - send some of that spring fever my way, it might help melt it away! LOL. No snow all winter and then wham, with the hope of spring in sight we get a blizzard. :-D I like your pretty springtime postcard. "Ah Spring"! For sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep telling myself spring is coming. Today I was able to open the inside door and just have the storm door shut for a while in the afternoon. Oh--I imagine my furnace would prefer I kept it shut--but I am tired of being closed up!

    I shut off my word verification too--so far no problems. I think my word verifications are longer than some of my comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The button charm bracelet is very intriguing ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a pretty postcard and someone is going to be quite delighted to receive it in the mail! Best wishes on your quilt show entries.

    ReplyDelete