09 June 2014

Yes, sewing has happened

Are you sitting down? I actually pieced a quilt top! I know, right? Craftsy recently had a free pattern of a heart, Pieces of My Heart, that I thought would make a darling baby quilt. After downloading, I realized it was only 22"x22". So I made 4 and put them together with sashing.
I think something stretched when I put the blocks together. So I am going to unstitch the center sashing and redo it. I know, I know. Sometimes I leave things be, but I couldn't stop thinking about this mistake and so I need to fix it before it goes any further. It is not something that can be hidden in the quilting stitches. And I really like the way this turned out other than that center.
If you download this pattern make sure to read it before starting (famous last words!). I didn't and realized that the HST at the top of the heart aren't really HST. I took the first batch out and made proper HST to insert in place of the funky ones.
The Zig Zag quilt is a WIP. I still need to add borders to bring it up to a good size. Both of these quilts will be about approximately 45" square.

I have a lot of this Riley Blake fabric left along with the background fabric. My background fabric is a soft dotted fabric that plays well with the more vibrant ones.

There is more inspiration at JudyL's blog.  

Updated 6/10/2014:  the hearts quilt is all fixed and in the pile of flimsies. 


10 comments:

  1. Sashings can be a chore to line up, didn't notice it was off until you mentioned it. It's still cute! Would a great pattern for scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pretty zigzags!! I have that heart pattern in my mind....love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your zig zags. Great looking heart quilt too. We all have our own thresholds for living with mistakes. If it bugs you, then it is time to fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling baby quilt. Thanks for the information and the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cool ;-) I love hearts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Hearts! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow,just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are both beyond adorable! I wanted to yell SQUEEE when I saw the hearts one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three beautiful quilts in such a short time period. Love the fabric in this heart quilt - especially that vibrant pink.

    ReplyDelete