01 September 2014

Design Wall September 1, 2014

I spent the holiday weekend cutting and pressing fabric for Clara's Quilt. The 2-patch blocks (480 units, but who's counting?) are done. The marathon pressing and cutting is over for a while.


It helped that I purchased a package of 40 light batik strips at the quilt show in August. But I realized when I was pressing them before sewing, that some of them were bowed. These were obviously cut by hand. I ended up cutting a section out of the middle of several strips so they could be used.


I'm linking to Judy's Design Wall Monday.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you are ready to roll on the next step! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your piles! It is such a feeling of accomplishment when the large number of pieces are sewn and pressed.... even if it is just the beginning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've have tried to stay away from precuts because of their inconsistent sizes making for unhappy surprises :-/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stacks attest that you had a "labor" day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a fan of precuts. Of late, even fat quarters have been a disappointment. You certainly kept focused! Can't wait to see what's next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...what a lot of prep time!

    ReplyDelete