05 January 2015

Retiring an Old Friend

Back in the dark ages, when I was a teenager, I taught myself to crochet. I went to the library and checked out a book on beginning crochet. I stopped at Ben Franklin 5&10, my town still had one in those days (are those stores still around?), and bought a skein of acrylic yarn and a crochet hook.

I still have that hook. It still works, but the finish is worn off on the head of the hook, the shaft where my fingers grip it and on the side where it rests against my hand. Because the finish is gone, it doesn't move smoothly through the loops and so I think it is time to retire this faithful old friend.

Enjoy your retirement. You deserve it.


4 comments:

  1. Looks exactly like my mom's favorite hook - size J or K as I recall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post! Our crafting tools deserve credit and posts, too.

    I have a pair of knitting needles with the finish worn off of the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! I have been perusing my favorite blogs to see if any one has advertising - and came upon your 'ad-free blog' button! love that too. I am toying with the idea of changing things up work-wise, my daughter said I could make money blogging... but research shows it is a lot of work and you have to have a lot of traffic, and I never liked those ads anyway. Thanks for your opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's something I never gave a thought about! Well, it certainly doesn't owe you anything!!

    ReplyDelete