Unfortunately I didn't take photos of the process, but you can search online for the technique to turn a sweatshirt into a cardigan or jacket.
- Take the sweatshirt apart
- Use the sweatshirt pieces to rough cut fabric to cover the outside of the shirt
- Quilt the pieces. I lucked out, because the batik I used had a nice vine on it that I followed as my quilting
- Trim the fabric to match the sweatshirt fleece
- Reassemble the sweatshirt and add binding around the cuff and neck/front/hemline
- Add the zipper
This was some cheap batik that I didn't want to use in a quilt and decided that it would be better as a garment. It almost has a camouflage look to it, doesn't it?