03 October 2015

On the needles 10/3/215

It seems I've been knitting this circle scarf forever.It's called Lava Flow and is a simple 2x2 rib with some ribbed cables thrown in for interest. I had two balls of this pale pink merino wool in a DK weight that I thought would work for this scarf. Interestingly, the scarf is actually knitted flat, but with a provisional cast on. After blocking it is then joined with a twist in the scarf to make it mobius.


I joined a knitting take and replace swap. The box came this past week and it was so hard to decide what I wanted to take. Here are the goodies I decided to keep. No, I am not getting into lace knitting, but I know someone who does do it and that purple lace yarn is her favorite color! The tea is so very welcome to my poor abused throat: I've been sick for most of September and it is down to a nagging cough.


What's on your needles?
Judy's linky party.

2 comments:

  1. How fun to see what you took from the box. The swap is nearly complete. I hope everyone had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My needles will soon see a pair of socks - my first attempt! I like your scarf. The swap box is a fun idea. Sorry you've been sick and hope you are completely well soon. 🌻

    ReplyDelete