01 February 2018

January 2018 (in February)



Well this is no way to start a new year. I should be quoting the White Rabbit: "I'm late, I'm late". So where did January go?

I've been busy with life. I haven't really been sewing: it's that time of the year when the basement sewing room is very chilly. And so I've been playing with yarn. The blanket pictured above is a small swaddling blanket that I completed in January and is 28"x32". This is for my upcoming grandson. Yes, I will be a grandma again!

I've also been knitting a blanket for Project Linus. This is a simple baby blanket that is the perfect size for swaddling as it is 24"x30". It uses almost 2 skeins of yarn. The stitch is a 4 row repeat and you need to cast on a multiple of 8. I added a knit-on border that is 16 rows of garter stitch top and bottom and I also added on 16 stitches for the side borders.



Knitting and crocheting can be done in the warmth of the wood burning stove that is in our living room.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely soft pieces - I agree warm and cozy beats chilly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, they look so soft and snuggly! I love to knit. It’s so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are lovely baby blankets. Congratulations on becoming grandmother once again. ��

    ReplyDelete