30 September 2018

A Counted Cross Stitch Wall-hanging


My sister-in-law asked me if I could make some counted cross-stitch blocks into a wall hanging for her. After measuring them to find the largest one, I backed them with fusible interfacing (like what you use in a t shirt quilt), drew a square around each one to the measurements of the largest one and then I carefully cut and serged the blocks. A 2.5" sashing and border was added and then the fun of the quilting began. I used Warm and Natural batting and with the backing and the (old, linty) aida cloth the lint accumulation in my machine was horrendous! After I was done, my HQSS machine had a spa day at my local retailer.

My SIL asked why I didn't enter it into the local county fair. I said that she did the work, I quilted it so it is technically her's. I told her to enter it into her county fair. She did and it won a blue ribbone. How 'bout that!

2 comments:

  1. It’s beautiful and not surprising at all that it won a blue ribbon! Both my machines need a spa day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Both of you have earned it!

    ReplyDelete