30 September 2019

September 2019


Hubby and I went to my 50th high school reunion this month. The picture is of us at my 40th reunion. What I couldn't figure out was who were all those old people! It was a bit embarrassing that my ability to not remember names was highly visible. "Hi, you!" "What has been happening in the 10 years since we last met?"


I have actually made a quilt! Will wonders never cease?  I used two different fabrics: a stripe (that you can see in the border) and an allover triangle fabric. I measured the repeat on the stripe and then cut squares. Then I cut squares from the triangle fabric. It is a good sized quilt: about 55x60". It is in the giveaway pile until it tells me who it belongs to.

I'm working on a secret project that will be revealed once the quilt is gifted. I can't say much more or it will give the secret away.

Today is a damp and drizzly day. Tomorrow will be warmer and the temp should be back up close to 80 by Friday.

I need to start working on my Halloween costume. Last year my costume was too subtle so this year it will be a highly visible costume. Also it will be comfortable. My costumes are always comfy since I don't like uncomfortable clothes.


3 comments:

  1. Great photo of you two! Boy, my one and only h.s.reunion for 50th was a major wake up call to aging! And names were impossible! Oh, well we made it and many didn't. 27 dead from my little area in Alaska with many,many killed or dying from Vietnam injuries. Incredibly sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 50th is coming up. It’s kind of scary. It’s nice to see a picture of you! Such a pretty quilt! Hope you show a picture of your new Halloween costume.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had my 50th class reunion in August. All of us "ole people" had a great time together. In fact, we are looking forward to a 70th birthday party in a few years!

    Great photo of both you and the quilt.

    ReplyDelete