31 July 2022

July 2022

July was so stinking HOT! I work in the yarden in the very early morning (from about 6-8 am) and then come indoors for a shower. The rest of the morning is spent doing chores/errands. The afternoon is spent in the cool basement sewing room working on a quilt top. Then the evening is when I knit/crochet because it is a bit mindless and a good time to brain dump and slow down.

I've been working on a quilt named "A New Slant on Snowflakes" by Tina Curran. The pattern is from an Etsy shop. I'll show it when I get the top pieced.

Project Linus Blankets

I go to Project Linus meetings and pick up yarn for blankets. Most of the yarn is donated so there isn't a lot of one yarn which makes a person very creative to be able to get a decent sized blanket. It is a challenge.

Did I show this? It's Half Double Crochet Baby Blanket. All the yarn was 'sparkly'. Unfortunately the mylar in the white yarn was strange so I pulled it all out before I started to crochet.

 

And the Garter Stitch Baby Blanket. This one is knit from corner to corner and has a drape that is very nice.



Fast and Easy Baby Blanket is crocheted. I started with the green and just crocheted until it was gone. Then I divided a partial skein of white into 2 balls. I weigh the yarn on my kitchen scale and then wind it off into another ball until I have 2 of equal weights.



1 comment:

  1. You have a great schedule! Nice way to get a lot done and try to avoid the heat! All of your blankets are wonderful and so lovely to pass on to groups! My charitable sewing groups have slowed down with challenges from covid and other timing conflict but actually I'm do better at home. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I miss the old days of lots of bloggers. We're all getting older, tireder and slowing down but we keep on keeping on! Hugs to you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete