05 September 2006

Just Playing

I'm just playing with something I found on my Picturetrail site. These are my 2004 Journal Quilts that were displayed at Houston's "2004: A Page From My Journal". The premise was to do an 8.5x11" journal page each month for 9 months. I couldn't come up with a theme so I just did whatever struck my fancy. There is a portrait of me and TheKid when he was 6mo old, there's the Leaping Frog of Calaveras County, a baby giraffe, 2 different versions of a flower, my higher power, and a re-purposed UFO.



1. 01January04, 2. 02February04, 3. 03March04, 4. 04April04, 5. 05May04, 6. 06June04, 7. 07July04, 8. 08August04, 9. 09September04

5 comments:

  1. Such beautiful and intricate work on those journal quilts... I like the idea of an 8.5 X 11 "story". Yours are lovely.

    Cheers!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:25 AM

    NICE! (I like the stars flannel for "the kid" too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your journal quilts are great! I am going to sketch out a few journal quilts this winter and then buy the fabric when I am back in the US. Love how you have them like a slide show on your blog - I can't even figure out how to get my sidebar to look 1/2 way decent!

    Cheers!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. - I meant to say that I liked your journal quilts so much when you originally posted them that sketching out my own journal plans is now on my winter to-do list. Thank you for the inspiration.

    Cheers!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete