22 December 2006

S(n)ew Day

In between bursts of snow shoveling activity, I was in the studio sewing. I got the Baby Davis quilt almost completely quilted. I did stitch in the ditch for expediency, it's been too long and he is already 7 months old. I still have one small portion that I want to FM with "Sleep, my child" on one end and on the opposite end "All through the night". Once it is bound, I can mark another one off my UFO list. Whew!

I'm trying to learn to do a Short Row Heel on my sox. I've Googled all the sites and video sites and I've come to the realization that I need to really tighten up my tension on those wrapped stitches. So now, I am frog stitching back to just past the heel turning so I can start this again. I just like the looks of a short row heel and I am determined to master it. I suppose once I get this sock ripped back I should stop and practice on some miniature sox. I just convinced myself -- that is what I'm going to do. It's not like I don't have a bunch of leftover sock yarn LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment