Poetry In Motion
Take a line from a poem or song and create a quilt that expresses it. Your quilt may be representational or abstract. Your quilt may be any shape but the total perimeter must be between 48” and 180”.
• Techniques must include both piecing and appliqué
• The focus fabric will be 1 yard of some god-awful (Oh, excuse me. I mean: challenging) polka dot thing that TheQuilter picked out during her trip to Las Vegas (my son wanted to know if she was mad at me or what when he saw it). The whole yard must be used but it some may be included on the back or in the binding.
• Each quilter must add *at least* three additional fabrics
• Work on the quilt can only be done by hand or by Featherweight 221 machine
• You must add a minimum of one additional technique to the quilt
• The Due Date is July 4, 2007; if either quilter feels they can’t make this date, they must notify the other by May 28, 2007 (Memorial Day)
Let the designing begin!
Update: I just searched and found the fabric online. Guess what? It is in April Cornell's line of fabric for Moda called the Sonnet Collection.