But I did want to give you an update on the bleeding fabric in the Banana-fana quilt. Here's what I've done:
- washed it the first time with regular detergent and it bled. BAH
- second wash involved both Retayne and Synthropol
- then I basted Shout Color Catcher sheets on the offended spots and the third wash involved more Synthropol and Retayne plus the Shout Color Catcher sheets on the spots and an extra one thrown in for good measure.
So it's back to the fabric paints. I found a good tree this morning on my walk from the parking lot to the studio. It has good leaves. I'll have to wait to do this because the leaves need to be soft and pliable to print with so picking and painting need to be done in one day. I'm going to keep my eyes open for other leaves of the area to use for printing.
Tata for now. I'll try to check in occasionally.