I really have been working on stuff. Proof! Right there to the left. That's the Autumn's Harvest Pumpkin from Crabapple Hill Studio. I had to put it aside for a bit while I finished knitting a poncho for a Christmas gift. I still need to crochet the side seams together and the edging, however. I also am taking a knitting class for a new (to me) technique for socks. I took an incredibly fuzzy picture this morning of the 3 items that I got pin basted over the weekend, including the challenge quilt that I'm calling 'Dance!'. The other 2 are Skillbuilder panels that I picked up at Great American Quilt Factory. I thought I'd use these to loosen up on when I machine quilt.
Christine wanted to see what the house looks like now. I couldn't get the same angle because of the tree(s) so I had to shoot it almost straight on. The biggest change is the deck, or really, the lack of the deck. We made two smaller decks instead of one that wrapped around, mainly because of price, but I like the smaller ones better. The hardest part was removing the concrete footings. You know what? An engine hoist works really, really good for this once the ground was soaked in water. Another big change is the stove pipe. In the drawing it was a short pipe that was for an older wood burning stove. We removed that stove and for years had only the forced air furnace (ugh) and the passive solar for a heat source. Within the last couple of years we installed a smaller wood burning stove with a catalytic converter and a cook top. The regulations have changed for the height of the stove pipe so the photo shows the longer pipe. The other big change is not reflected in the photo and that is the landscaping is mature. The white bucket is my weed bucket. And you can see there on the right that the frosty nights have zapped my day lilies.
It's a simple, small house, but it's home.