23 October 2008

My Mess of a House - Part 2

339725582
The home office redo is done. Yipee! You can see a before/during picture in this post. It almost looks the same but there are minor differences. One big plus is that because these shelves are hanging on the wall there is more floor space. I still have one of the short bookcases (you can see it peeking out from behind the office chair) to hold the printer, external hard drive and router. I need a smaller piece of furniture similar to this only without the drawers just three shelves, to tuck back against the wall between the desk and the book shelves. Until I can find something on the cheap I will stick with what I have. I am not too sure about the wall hanging behind the chair because it seems a bit big for the space, but that is easily taken down and swapped out. It turned out to be a very masculine looking room.

All-in-all, the mess was worth it for the ability to go into the room, sit down in an easy chair and read a book. Or work. Or surf. You get the idea.

5 comments:

  1. It looks like a very warm and inviting place to spend time, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a great library / study. Very warm and inviting as Mrs. G said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, just look at all those books! Looks like a great place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some serious books there! Makes me want to jump through the screen and browse the shelves. Very cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your redo is looking good. Great job on it.

    ReplyDelete