01 April 2013

Baltimore Christmas Quilt Update

It's been awhile since I gave an update on the Baltimore Christmas Quilt. All the blocks are appliqued and then I stalled out for a bit. But today, I was able to do the next step. It's a subtle thing but makes a world of difference. See those yellow berries? I took a .01 black Micron Pigma pen and made a dot. Then I took out my trusty Prismacolor pencils and added a bit of shadow, set it and Voila! I was going to paint it, but decided to use colored pencils because I have better control and the control-freak in me needs that.

Now the next step is to trim the twelve 12" blocks and the center 24" block to size and stitch them together. That, however, is going to wait. My Bernie is going to the spa tomorrow for her annual check up so the sewing room will be a bit quiet.

Oh, and see those faint green lines? Those are the embroidery lines for the pine boughs. Just thought I'd let you know *lol*!

For other design walls, visit Judy L's blog.

And here's a link to my Flickr set of all the applique blocks I've done for this quilt.

4 comments:

  1. Paula, I need to see the rest of these appliqued blocks, girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to study all the blocks. I think my favorite is the candle with the poinsetta. I have to see these blocks when you are done--its going to be spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:35 PM

    I would love to start this quilt. Looks complicated but I guess if you do a block at a time it is ok. I have done needle turn applique before. Any places to purchase this pattern reasonably? Thanks. Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually found this pattern on the clearance rack in a local shop that was converting from a combo wool/quilt shop into only a wool shop. Sorry, I don't know where else to get it other than at P3Designs.com

      Delete