16 April 2014

A new camera strap

Nikon AN-DC4 Camera Strap 
I was never very fond of the camera strap that came with my DSLR. Black and yellow and so stiff it cut into my neck. It was also a bit short so that the camera landed in an awkward spot.
Last summer at a quilt show there was a vendor selling parts of vintage kimono. I was able to snag a piece that would work for making a new camera strap. I love the colors and the softness of it.

Here's a link to the tutorial I used, minus the lens cap pocket. The hardest part, believe it or not, was finding the right dog collars for cheap $$$. I didn't have any fusible batting so I just used regular batting and I also left out the stiffener; after all, that was one of the reasons I didn't like the old strap. I made the new strap is a bit narrower and when I make a new one (there is leftover fabric) I will make it according to the tutorial.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic!

    I remember by SLR having a very stiff strap, too. I wonder where my film camera is stored. Hmmmm, I need to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Thanks for the link!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete