21 April 2014

Design Wall, April 21, 2014

In an effort to use stash, I have been cutting quilt kits for myself. I was doing just dandy until this quilt. Here's a link to the pattern. The larger pieces are 6.5 x 15.5 unfinished. The yellow is 2.5 x 15.5 and 2.5 x 7.5. The sashing is the dilemma! I need 2.25 yards and I don't have enough of anything in the stash to work. I thought the green would be good but then I lit on the purple. After viewing these photos, tho, I am back to the green.

Now here is the problem: I do not  have enough of this COLOR to do the sashing. This is a dark green-blue on the color wheel and you can believe me when I say that I pulled every EVERY green I have to see if I can make it scrappy. I am not adverse to using different fabrics, even prints, as long as it is the same blue-green value.


And so, I do believe I will have to stop at the store and pick up the needed color. That purple is nice but there is already so much purple and pink. I do believe the green is the one.

For more inspiration visit Judy L.



3 comments:

  1. The green definitely looks better than the purple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a purple girl but you are right in this case.... green is the way to go! Have fun fabric shopping!!!

    :)


    ReplyDelete