21 July 2015

Knitty Goodness in the warm weather

It is strange to knit with wool in the warmer months, but socks don't seem to bother me. Thank goodness I got the two sweaters finished before it got too hot. I think I'd have to wait until fall, if we hadn't had a streak of coolish temps.

I finished this Cuff-to-Cuff sweater.

Pattern: Cuff-to-Cuff from Red Heart
Yarn: Lion Brand Amazing
And this pattern that I have had for 16 years.
Pattern: Cocoon Jacket
Yarn: Lion Brand Amazing
Here's a picture of the pattern. Don't you just love the 80's hair style?

And socks!
Pattern: Simply Splendid Socks by Lucy Neatby
Yarn Sock by Shubui Knits
Pattern: Simply Splendid Socks by Lucy Neatby
Yarn Sock by Shubui Knits
 

And, of course, there are more socks on the needles. I am on a mission to use up my sock yarn. If I can do that, then I will have emptied one whole bin! I'll let you know how it goes.

4 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Love the sweaters. Keep up the yarn bust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on all these finished projects. I bet it feels good to see the yarn stash get a bit slimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful finishes! The sweaters are beautiful! I'm crocheting right now, but only when I'm 'on the road'. When I'm home I'm at the sewing machine or doing handwork.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the cuff-to-cuff sweater! I looked up the pattern on RedHeart, does the Lion Brand Amazing yarn work with those instructions, or did you have to adapt and change?

    ReplyDelete