31 December 2018

December 2018

Well, let's say that December hasn't been the best. It started out all right but then degenerated into a month of sickness. I went to the Project Linus meeting on December 8 and had to leave early because I just didn't feel well. Hubby and I had to cancel Christmas with the family because by then we were both ill. Some kind of upper respiratory infection. We are both on the path to recovery now so maybe this is my one sickness for the year.

I have been knitting socks. I know: surprise! I swore I was done with knitting socks, but you see I have been knitting 8" squares with leftover sock yarn. Each square represents a pair of socks that I have knitted. I laid out the squares out and realized that I needed nine more squares to make the blanket queen sized. And so, here are the socks.

The squares have been made and the black borders added. Now they are waiting to be put on the design wall for layout. I think once I get a good layout, I'll take a photo so if they somehow get rearranged in the removal process I can go back to the photo. It will take a while to stitch the squares together.

One nice thing, though, is that all the socks you see have been sold. After all, how many pair of wool socks does one person need?

And so I wish you all a happy new year. I'm hoping for a healthy one.

2 comments:

  1. Nice article as well as whole site.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better. The socks are beautiful so many changes of color a great job.

    ReplyDelete