30 September 2022

September 2022

Covid has left the building around here. I just have a lingering cough. And that, I found out, is due to a sinus infection. Talking around to friends, it seems that there is a secondary infection after Covid. Be careful out there.

The crocheted baby blankets are piling up because I haven't had the energy to go to a meeting. Also, I didn't want to expose anyone else.

 
This is a simple fan stitch that works up quickly.


I had two different skeins of Lionbrand Mandala yarn that were similar in colors: Brownie and Warlock. Using a linen stitch (1sc, ch) makes a softer, drapey blanket.  

At my Friday group, I was given some ugly green/gold upholstery fabric. I brought it home and made 10 grocery bags from it. I have a pattern that I drew up that I really like. It's not too big so the bagger can't stuff it too full for our old people shoulders. LOL!

At the same time I was given a length of double-sided prequilted fabric. I cut it in half for 2 Project Linus quilts. I found the perfect binding fabric in my stash! As I was working on it, I realized how musty it smelt. When I washed it, I added a cup of baking soda to the wash and voila! the smell was gone. 



2 comments:

  1. i am glad you are feeling better. Being sick is no fun. I was coughing due to side effects of medicine and that was bad enough. Hope you are all back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it has left the building!!!
    What cute blankets!! and right on the grocery bags - my bagger filled one up and I just about broke my back putting it in the car.... so I reloaded.. great idea to make them *paula* sized!!!

    ReplyDelete